Drivers looking for an attractive compact crossover can find a lot to love with the 2018 Ford Escape. This model offers five-passenger seating and plenty of comfort, convenience, and technology features, but it also offers attractive interior space and towing. How much can the 2018 Ford Escape tow? How much cargo space is there? Keep reading to find out more about the practical cargo-hauling abilities of this attractive crossover. Read the rest of this entry
When you think of places to get away from it all, you might think of places with white sand and sapphire blue water and drinks with tiny umbrellas and the smell of sunscreen, or some equally cliché setting for a vacation. Yet, the second anyone can find time to get to one of these picturesque beachfront resorts, it seems as if everyone else has had the same idea.
Invariably, this peaceful oasis you construct in your mind is sullied by the hordes of uptight working stiffs that bring with them the myriad stressors that you are trying to get away from in the first place!
Thirty miles east of Huntsville, Scottsboro is the perfect alternative vacation destination for you and your entire family. If you are looking for a place to relax for a few days, or even if you are planning a cross-country road trip, here are some reasons why you should make a stop in Scottsboro:
- So, you like big bodies of water in your vacation, right? Well, you don’t have to compromise. Scottsboro is located on Lake Guntersville, Alabama’s largest lake, measuring in at an impressive seventy-five miles in length—big enough to accommodate all of your fishing, swimming, and boating desires.
- Perhaps you enjoy a little prestige infused with a bit of the outdoors. Goose Pond Colony Resort is the answer. The resort offers lakeside cottages, lodges, waterfront campground living arrangements, two 18-hole championship golf courses, a swimming pool, and conference facilities if you need to get a little work done. There’s also a full service marina, so bring your boat.
- Maybe you’re not really an outdoor person. No worries. For those inclined to shop, Scottsboro offers Unclaimed Baggage. The idea is they buy neglected luggage from local airports, open them up, and itemize the contents. Even if you aren’t going to buy something, it is an interesting shopping experience to say the least. The prices aren’t thrift-store cheap, but who packs thrift store-quality stuff when they go on vacation? You never know what you’ll find, and we have it on good authority that a little sifting can yield some designer stuff at a fraction of the original cost.
- If you fancy yourself an art enthusiast, Scottsboro is the home of Art Sunday, a massive trade show held the Sunday before Labor Day every year in Caldwell Park. And, if you miss out on that, there’s always something creative going down at The Social Nook, a community workshop where anyone can book anything from a wine tasting to a finger painting clinic for kids.
- Finally,, if you want to inject a little culture and education into your vacation, check out the Scottsboro Boys Museum. The museum was founded in 2010 and serves as a reminder of the tragic events surrounding the Scottsboro Boys Trial, one of the early catalysts of the Civil Rights Movement.
So, if you’re going to get your vacation on this summer, maybe try something different. Try Scottsboro.
While you’re in town, make sure to drop by Harbin Automotive to check out the best selection of summer road trip-ready vehicles.
Whenever we get in our cars, we are obviously aware of the laws that we are supposed to follow. Don’t speed. Don’t litter. Don’t ride the bumper of the person in front of you. But what about the laws that we don’t think of, the ones that were created years ago, usually by some small town government, and were just never taken off the books? Here are some of our favorite weird traffic laws from around these great United States of ours, taken from our friends at DMV.org. Read the rest of this entry
For as much as we talk about new cars at Harbin Automotive, the simple fact is that most people aren’t driving new cars. Heck, most people aren’t even interested in buying cars, and would much rather get optimal performance from the car they currently have. If that’s the case for you, then today’s post has your car in mind. Here are our best tips to help get your car to 200,000 miles, which is totally feasible, but not without a little work. Read the rest of this entry
We’re well into 2016 at Harbin Automotive, and as soon as Winter Storm performs a nice little number on the southeast and mid-Atlantic, we may even be able to enjoy ourselves. Fortunately, we’ve already got a few exciting events coming up in our area, beginning with the holiday we chose to ignore until we realized that it was a nice excuse to get a nice dinner and a massage: Valentine’s Day. But what are you to do when the better half asks what you have planned? Never fear, Harbin Automotive has you covered, with these Valentine’s Day Events near Scottsboro and Huntsville for 2016. Read the rest of this entry
For many of us, or for our parent or grandparents, driving eventually takes on a little more concern as we get older. While driving safely is the obvious priority, there are some proven methods to ensure that this happens. According to the national DMV, here are some safety suggestions for senior drivers. Read the rest of this entry
Just a few weeks back, we went hunting around northern Alabama in search of the perfect family Christmas tree. Assuming that you’ve already harvested the ideal tree, you’ll now be looking at how to keep your Christmas tree from drying out, which is a science as exact as anything you’re likely to find on an automotive website. Follow the instructions closely, and your tree should last well into January or beyond. Read the rest of this entry
As drivers, we certainly try to know the ins and outs of how our cars work. We know its ticks, we know its quirks. Over time, we probably become attuned to our vehicles to the point where we don’t trust others to drive it; such is the power of the car-driver dynamic. Yet, one area where we know frustratingly little is when it comes to our batteries. So, today, we’re going to divulge some important car battery information that might help during your automotive life. Read the rest of this entry
When winter arrives, and especially in areas where storms aren’t common or predictable, road salt becomes an obvious concern for motorists. Even in areas such as ours, where the storms typically come later in the winter, the use of salt on the roads can lead inevitably to rust on our cars, even though this is totally avoidable. That’s why we at Harbin Automotive are pleased to help you prevent rust on your car. Read the rest of this entry
Like many of our friends in the area, we’re big fans of trivia here at Harbin Automotive. Whether it’s watching Jeopardy or participating in a neighborly pub quiz, we’re always quick to flex our mental muscle. However, there are many automotive facts that were unbeknownst even to us, at least until recently. So, care to enjoy some new car knowledge? Here are ten little-known automotive facts to blow your mind. Read the rest of this entry