2018 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Payload
The 2018 Ford F-150 represents a bold and exciting new redesign for an iconic American pickup truck. From the more compressed grille on the front of the truck, to the stamped tailgate on the back, Ford has made America’s best-selling pickup truck even more attractive to potential buyers, and those on the fence.
If you’re shopping for a Ford F-150, there’s a good chance that you’re looking for something that is able to pull its weight – literally! Luckily, the 2018 Ford F-150 manages to do just that. Let’s take a look at the towing specs for the 2018 Ford F-150.
When properly-equipped, the 2018 Ford F-150 is able to tow up to 13,200 lbs. That means the 2018 Ford F-150 could handily tow an African elephant – the heaviest land animal on planet Earth.
This huge towing capacity also beats the figure for the 2017 Ford F-150, whose maximum towing capacity peaked at 10,500 lbs.
The 2018 Ford F-150 is able to achieve its best-in-class towing capacity with the help of its available 3.5L EcoBoost® twin-turbo V6 engine. Rated at 375-horsepower, and a whopping 470 lb-ft. of torque, the 2018 Ford F-150 is ready for any job.
[READ MORE: Ford Adds Stop-Start Technology to EcoBoost® Engines]
2018 Ford F-150 Payload
As you would expect from a truck that can tow an elephant, the 2018 Ford F-150 also features best-in-class payload ratings. The reduced weight of the new model allows it to carry over 3,000 lbs with the previously-mentioned 3.5L EcoBoost® twin-turbo V6 engine and the proper bed-length configuration.
Engine Options in the 2018 Ford F-150
For 2018, the F-150 was able to improve more than just its exterior and interior appearance. Ford saw the F-150 acquire some new engine options, further adding to the versatility of the popular pickup truck.
- 3.3L TI-VCT V6
- 290-horsepower (@6500 rpm)
- 265 lb-ft. torque (@4000 rpm)
- 19/25/22 mpg (city/highway/combined) – 4×2
- 18/23/20 mpg – 4×4
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325-horsepower (@5000 rpm)
- 400 lb-ft. torque (@2750 rpm)
- 20/26/22 mpg – 4×2
- 19/25/21 mpg – 4×2 payload package
- 19/24/21 mpg – 4×4
- 18/24/21 mpg – 4×4 payload package
- 5.0L TI-VCT V8
- 395-horsepower (@5750 rpm)
- 400 lb-ft. torque (@4500 rpm)
- 17/23/19 mpg – 4×2
- 16/20/17 mpg – 4×2 payload package
- 16/22/18 mpg – 4×4
- 15/19/17 mpg – 4×4 payload package
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 375-horsepower (@5000 rpm)
- 470 lb-ft. torque (@3500 rpm)
- 18/25/21 mpg – 4×2
- 17/21/19 mpg – 4×2 payload package
- 17/23/19 mpg – 4×4
- 16/21/18 mpg – 4×4 payload package
- High Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 – 93 Octane
- 450-horsepower (@5000 rpm)
- 510 lb-ft. torque (@3500 rpm)
- 15/18/16 mpg – 4×4
The 2018 Ford F-150 is an incredible vehicle with multiple options for any driver. Whether you’re looking for fun, or utility, there’s an F-150 for you. You can view our entire Ford F-150 inventory by clicking here.
For more information on the entire 2018 Ford F-150 lineup, or to schedule a test drive, contact us today!